Friday, February 5, 2016

walking on the beach in January

Waves and bare feet in January
color pencil and watercolor on paper
8.5" x 5.5"

Last week my daughters and granddaughter came to visit me in my new beach house. It was so great to see them and they picked the perfect weekend to come as the temperature went up to 70 degrees. We went to the beach and it was so warm, we took off our shoes, coats and socks and wandered all around the beach in our bare feet at the end of January! The water was freezing but the sand, wind and sky was warm and blue and wonderful. I snapped a picture of my granddaughter as she stood and looked at the waves. She was laughing and in awe. She loved it and it warmed my heart so much. I drew this yesterday using my photo as a reference. I wanted to catch the awe she felt looking at the big waves. She is four and everything still amazes her. We should all spend time with a four year old to renew our sense of wonder at this great big beautiful world in which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment