Monday, August 11, 2014

Experimental painting

I was in Princeton, NJ recently for a weekend and went shopping in Lambertville, NJ. What a great town! If you are ever in the area be sure to stop in the town. Great antiques, art galleries and restaurants.  In one gallery I was inspired by some paintings I saw where the artist crinkled the paper before beginning the painting. So of course I had to try this when i got home. First go round is just ok, I will redo this painting a few more times, different papers and such...play and experiment to see what happens.

A flower of a certain age...
cropped to 5x7
watercolor on 120# cotton paper

And if you are looking for a great place to have lunch in Princeton, may I suggest the Yankee Doodle Tap Room. We had a wonderful meal out in the garden terrace. Inside at the bar is the original 1937 Norman Rockwell painting "Yankee Doodle Dandy". So excited to see the original that prior to this visit I had only see in books!  

No comments:

Post a Comment