Tuesday, May 6, 2014

old painting, new post

About a year ago I went on an art-changing life-changing trip to France to paint. I was there for 2 weeks and I painted my way across Provence. A trip I will not soon forget. Today I was thinking of how I would like to return to Provence for more. But I would also like to go to Italy.

Several years ago my friend went to Italy. I asked Peg (my friend who went) to send me photos on her phone of things she thought I might like. She sent me this one photo and I fell in love with it. To me this tells such a great story and is typical of what one might see in Europe.

laundry day, 4 x 6 inches
watercolor on 140# paper
 
My favorite part when painting this was the wall.
I love the old scaly wall with the rusty line hanger on the left, with the rust drips.

No comments:

Post a Comment