Thursday, September 5, 2013

English countryside sunrise (or sunset?)

English Countryside Sunrise
5x7 pastel on paper
 
These amazing colors! I knew the moment I saw this that I would paint it. I loved the mix of the purples and greys with the shot of color from the oranges; I found this very soothing to paint. I like the color combination. I am not a huge fan of purple, but when mixed with grey, well, that's a horse of a different color. (where does that saying come from??)

I found the reference photo for this some time ago on the Internet. I so wish I could give proper recognition to the person who took and posted this photo. I apologize to whomever you are. I wont be selling this one because it's not my image from which to profit. This was done as a learning exercise and it's NFS (not for sale).


1 comment:

  1. Wow.... yes! Love the colors and you've certainly captured a sunrise! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete